With a capable machining team and comprehensive knowledge of materials, advanced machineries and facilities, Energetic Industry served clients in broad field.
We can produce precision machining parts according to your idea, not only for material choosing, but also property requirements and shapes.
1. Customized material
|General Plastic: HDPE, PP, PVC, ABS, PMMA(Acrylic) ect.
|Engineering Plastic: POM, PA6, MC nylon, Nylon 66, PTFE, UHMWPE,PVDF ect.
|High Performance Plastic: PPS, PEEK, PI, PEI ect.
|Thermosetting Plastic: Durostone, Ricocel sheet, G10, FR4, Bakelite ect.
|Spcial Plastic Material: Plastic +GF/CA/Oil/Brone/Graphit/MSO2/ceramic ect.
|Spcial Plastic Plastic Alloy: PE+PA, PP+PA, POM + PTFE ect.
|Metals: Carbon Steel, SS Steel, Brass, Iron, Bronze, Aluminum, Titanium
|Special parts: Metal + Plastic Combined Part
2. Customized property
ESD, conductive, hardness, wear resistance, fire-resistant, corrosion resistance, impact strength, work temperature, UV resistant ect.
3. Customized shape with drawing
Gear, rollers, wheels, base part, spacers, blade, liner, rack, bearings, pulley, bearing sleeves, linear guide rail, sliding block, guide channel, spiral, washer, positioning strip, joint, sheath, CHINAMFG plate, retaining ring, slot, skating board, frame, cavity parts, CHINAMFG jig and fixture, PCB solder pallet, profiles.
Molds, cavity, Radiator fin, prototype, outermost shell, fittings and connectors, screws , bolt …
Further services of CNC machining:
Processing: Cutting, CNC machining, CNC milling and turning, drilling, grinding, bending, stamping, tapping, injection
Surface finish: Zinc-plated, nickel-plated, chrome-plated, silver-plated, gold-plated, imitation gold-plated
- Electronic and electrician
- Physical and Electronic Science Research
- Mineral and coal
- Food processing
- Textile printing & dyeing industry
- Analytical instrument industry
- Medical device industry
- Semi conductor, solar, FPD industry
- Automotive industry
- Oil & Gas
- Machinery and other industrial ect.
|Natural, Black, Red, Green, Customized
|Thick Carton Boxes
|Good Wear Resistant
What are the benefits of using plastic gears over traditional materials?
Using plastic gears instead of traditional materials offers several benefits. Here’s a detailed explanation of the advantages of using plastic gears:
- Weight Reduction: Plastic gears are significantly lighter in weight compared to gears made from traditional materials such as metal. This lightweight characteristic is advantageous in applications where weight reduction is important, as it can contribute to energy efficiency, lower inertia, and reduced wear on supporting components.
- Noise and Vibration Reduction: Plastic gears have inherent damping properties that help reduce noise and vibration levels during operation. This makes them suitable for applications where noise reduction is desired, such as in consumer electronics or office equipment. Metal gears, on the other hand, tend to generate more noise and vibration due to their higher stiffness.
- Self-Lubrication: Certain plastic materials used in gears have inherent lubricating properties, allowing for self-lubrication between gear teeth. This reduces friction and wear, eliminating the need for external lubrication and simplifying maintenance requirements. Metal gears, on the other hand, typically require lubrication to reduce friction and wear.
- Corrosion Resistance: Plastic gears can exhibit excellent resistance to corrosion and chemicals, depending on the chosen plastic material. This makes them suitable for applications in corrosive environments where metal gears may suffer from degradation or require additional protective measures.
- Design Flexibility: Plastic gears offer greater design flexibility compared to metal gears. Plastic materials can be easily molded into complex shapes, allowing for the creation of custom gear profiles and tooth geometries. This design flexibility enables gear optimization for specific applications, improving performance, efficiency, and overall machinery design.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Plastic gears are often more cost-effective compared to gears made from traditional materials. Plastic materials are generally less expensive than metals, and the manufacturing processes for plastic gears, such as injection molding, can be more efficient and economical for large-scale production.
- Electrical Insulation: Plastic gears offer electrical insulation properties, which can be advantageous in applications where electrical isolation is required. Metal gears, on the other hand, can conduct electricity and may require additional insulation measures in certain situations.
- Customization and Color Options: Plastic gears can be easily customized in terms of shape, size, color, and surface finish. This allows for branding, aesthetic preferences, or specific identification requirements in various applications. Metal gears, on the other hand, have more limited options for customization.
These benefits make plastic gears attractive alternatives to traditional materials in many applications. However, it’s important to consider the specific requirements and operating conditions of the application when selecting the appropriate gear material.
What are the factors affecting the durability of plastic gears?
The durability of plastic gears can be influenced by various factors. Here’s a detailed explanation of these factors:
1. Material Selection: The choice of plastic material is a critical factor affecting the durability of plastic gears. Different plastic materials have varying mechanical properties, including strength, stiffness, impact resistance, and wear resistance. Selecting a material with suitable properties for the specific application is essential to ensure long-term durability.
2. Load and Stress: The magnitude and distribution of the applied load significantly impact the durability of plastic gears. Excessive loads or high stress concentrations can lead to deformation, fatigue, or even failure of the gear teeth. Proper consideration of the anticipated loads and stress distribution is crucial during the design phase to ensure that the gears can withstand the expected operating conditions.
3. Operating Speed: The rotational speed at which the plastic gears operate can affect their durability. Higher speeds can generate more heat due to friction, potentially leading to thermal degradation or wear. The material selection and design should account for the anticipated operating speeds to ensure that the gears can withstand the associated stresses and temperature rise without compromising their durability.
4. Lubrication: Proper lubrication is vital for reducing friction, minimizing wear, and enhancing the durability of plastic gears. Insufficient or improper lubrication can result in increased friction, leading to accelerated wear and potential gear failure. The selection of suitable lubricants and appropriate lubrication methods is essential to ensure optimal performance and durability.
5. Environmental Conditions: The environmental conditions in which plastic gears operate can impact their durability. Factors such as temperature extremes, humidity, exposure to chemicals or UV radiation, and presence of abrasive particles can degrade the plastic material over time. It’s important to consider the anticipated environmental conditions and select a plastic material that offers sufficient resistance to these factors.
6. Gear Design: The design of plastic gears can greatly influence their durability. Factors such as tooth profile, gear geometry, clearances, and load distribution should be optimized to minimize stress concentrations, prevent excessive wear, and ensure even load distribution across the gear teeth. Proper design considerations, including appropriate fillets, reinforcements, and tooth profiles, can improve the durability of plastic gears.
7. Manufacturing Quality: The quality of the manufacturing process and the precision of the gear manufacturing can impact its durability. Inadequate manufacturing processes or poor quality control can result in dimensional inaccuracies, surface defects, or material inconsistencies that can compromise the gear’s durability. Ensuring high-quality manufacturing practices and inspections is essential to maintain the durability of plastic gears.
8. Maintenance and Service Life: The maintenance practices and service life of plastic gears can affect their durability. Regular inspection, proper lubrication, and timely replacement of worn or damaged gears can help extend their lifespan. Neglecting maintenance or operating gears beyond their intended service life can lead to accelerated wear and reduced durability.
By considering these factors, such as material selection, load and stress, operating speed, lubrication, environmental conditions, gear design, manufacturing quality, and maintenance practices, it’s possible to optimize the durability of plastic gears and ensure their long-term performance.
Can plastic gears replace metal gears in certain applications?
Yes, plastic gears can replace metal gears in certain applications. Here’s a detailed explanation:
Plastic gears offer a range of advantages that make them suitable alternatives to metal gears in specific scenarios. Some of the factors that determine whether plastic gears can replace metal gears include the application requirements, operating conditions, load capacity, and desired performance characteristics.
Advantages of Plastic Gears:
- Lightweight: Plastic gears are significantly lighter than metal gears, making them suitable for applications where weight reduction is important. This can lead to energy efficiency, reduced inertia, and lower wear on supporting components.
- Low Noise and Vibration: Plastic gears have inherent damping properties that help reduce noise and vibration levels during operation. This makes them suitable for applications where noise reduction is desired, such as in consumer electronics or office equipment.
- Corrosion Resistance: Certain plastic materials used in gear manufacturing exhibit excellent resistance to corrosion and chemicals. Plastic gears can be a suitable choice for applications in corrosive environments where metal gears may suffer from degradation.
- Self-Lubrication: Some plastic materials used for gear manufacturing have self-lubricating properties. This reduces friction and wear between gear teeth, eliminating the need for external lubrication and simplifying maintenance requirements.
- Cost-Effective: Plastic gears can be more cost-effective compared to metal gears, especially in large-scale production. Plastic materials are often less expensive than metals, and the manufacturing processes for plastic gears can be more efficient.
- Design Flexibility: Plastic gears offer greater design flexibility compared to metal gears. They can be molded into complex shapes, allowing for custom gear profiles and tooth geometries, resulting in optimized performance and efficiency for specific applications.
Limitations of Plastic Gears:
- High Torque and Load Capacity: Plastic gears may not have the same torque and load capacity as metal gears. In applications requiring high torque or heavy loads, metal gears may be more suitable due to their higher strength and durability.
- High Temperatures: Plastic gears have temperature limitations depending on the chosen material. In applications with high operating temperatures, metal gears that can withstand the heat may be necessary.
- Precision and Positioning: Plastic gears may not offer the same level of precision and positioning accuracy as metal gears. Applications that require tight tolerances and precise gear meshing may still require metal gears.
In summary, plastic gears can replace metal gears in certain applications where their advantages align with the specific requirements and operating conditions. It’s crucial to carefully evaluate the application needs, load capacity, temperature range, and other factors to determine if plastic gears are suitable replacements for metal gears.
editor by CX 2023-11-08