Manufacturing Plant, Construction works , Energy & Mining, Other
Up to 2000Nm
Place of Origin
ZheJiang , China
K/F/S/R series of helical bevel motor gearbox
1. Mad of high-quality aluminum alloy,light weight and non-rusting
2. Large output torque
3. Smooth in running and low in noise,can work long time in dreadful conditions.
4. High in radiating efficiency.
5. Good-looking in appearance,durable in service life and small in volume.
6. Suitable for omnibearing installation.
Q1:Are you a manufacturer or trading company?
Yes, We are a leading manufacturer specialized in production of various kinds of small and medium-sized
Q2:How to choose a gearbox which meets our requirement?
You can refer to our catalogue to choose the gearbox or we can help to choose when you provide
the technical information of required output torque, output speed and motor parameter etc.
Q3:What information shall we give before placing a purchase order?
a) Type of the gearbox, ratio, input and output type, input flange, mounting position, and motor information etc.
b) Housing color.
c) Purchase quantity.
d) Other special requirements.
Q4:What industries are your gearboxes being used?
Our gearboxes are widely used in the areas of textile, food processing, beverage, chemical industry, escalator,automatic storage equipment, metallurgy, tabacco, environmental protection, logistics and etc.
Q5:How about your delivery time?
For micro brush dc gear motor, the sample delivery time is 2-5 days, bulk delivery time is about 15-20 days, depends on the order qty. For brushless dc motor, the sample deliver time is about 10-15 days; bulk time is 15-20 days.Please take the sales confirmation for final reference.
Q6:What’s your warranty terms?
|Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery, Car
|Distribution Power, Clutch, Change Drive Torque, Change Drive Direction, Speed Changing, Speed Reduction, Speed Increase
|as for Request
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|as for Request
What lubrication is required for helical gears?
Proper lubrication is essential for the optimal performance and longevity of helical gears. The lubrication requirements for helical gears depend on factors such as the operating conditions, gear materials, and manufacturer recommendations. Here’s a detailed explanation of the lubrication considerations for helical gears:
- Lubricant Selection: The choice of lubricant for helical gears should be based on factors such as operating temperature, load, speed, and environmental conditions. Commonly used lubricants for helical gears include mineral oils, synthetic oils, and greases. Consult the gear manufacturer’s specifications or industry standards to determine the appropriate lubricant viscosity and type for your specific application.
- Viscosity: The lubricant viscosity is an important parameter that influences the lubricating film thickness and the ability to separate the gear surfaces. The viscosity should be selected based on the operating conditions, taking into account factors such as temperature, speed, and load. Higher viscosity lubricants are typically used for heavy-duty applications or high-temperature environments, while lower viscosity lubricants may be suitable for lighter loads or lower speeds.
- Extreme Pressure (EP) Additives: Helical gears, especially those operating under high loads or with high sliding velocities, may benefit from lubricants containing extreme pressure (EP) additives. EP additives help to reduce friction and wear by forming a protective film on the gear surfaces, preventing metal-to-metal contact and minimizing the risk of scuffing or scoring. EP additives are particularly important for helical gears in industrial machinery, automotive transmissions, and gearboxes.
- Lubrication Method: The lubrication method for helical gears can vary depending on the gear design and application. Common methods include splash lubrication, oil bath lubrication, forced circulation systems, and oil mist lubrication. The lubrication method should ensure that an adequate amount of lubricant reaches the gear mesh to provide proper lubrication, cooling, and debris removal during operation.
- Frequency of Lubrication: Regular lubrication maintenance is crucial for helical gears. The lubrication intervals should be determined based on factors such as the gear operating conditions, lubricant type, and gear manufacturer recommendations. Periodic inspections should be conducted to monitor the lubricant condition, check for contamination or degradation, and replenish or replace the lubricant as needed.
- Proper Lubricant Application: When applying the lubricant to helical gears, ensure that the gear teeth and bearings are adequately coated. Pay attention to reaching areas of high friction and contact, such as the gear mesh and tooth roots. Follow the gear manufacturer’s recommendations or guidelines for the proper lubrication technique, which may involve methods such as oil bath immersion, drip lubrication, or centralized lubrication systems.
- Contamination Control: Contamination can significantly affect the performance and lifespan of helical gears. Take measures to prevent the ingress of contaminants such as dirt, dust, moisture, and metal particles into the gear system. Use proper sealing arrangements, filtration systems, and regular maintenance practices to maintain a clean and contamination-free lubrication environment.
It is important to note that the lubrication requirements may vary depending on specific gear designs, materials, and operating conditions. Always refer to the gear manufacturer’s recommendations, industry standards, and consult with lubrication experts or engineers to determine the most suitable lubrication approach for your helical gear application.
Can helical gears be used in heavy-duty machinery and equipment?
Yes, helical gears can be used in heavy-duty machinery and equipment. The design characteristics of helical gears make them well-suited for demanding applications that involve high loads, high speeds, and continuous operation. Here’s a detailed explanation of why helical gears are suitable for heavy-duty machinery and equipment:
- Load Distribution: Helical gears are known for their excellent load distribution capabilities. The inclined tooth profile of helical gears allows for multiple tooth contact, which helps distribute the load over a larger surface area. This feature enables helical gears to handle high loads encountered in heavy-duty applications, preventing concentrated stresses on individual teeth and promoting reliable power transmission.
- Smooth Operation: Helical gears operate with a rolling contact between the teeth, resulting in smoother and quieter operation compared to other gear types. The gradual engagement and disengagement of helical gears reduce impact forces and minimize vibrations. This smooth operation is advantageous for heavy-duty machinery and equipment, as it helps reduce wear, noise, and stress on the gear components.
- High Efficiency: Helical gears exhibit high efficiency due to their rolling contact and continuous tooth engagement. The inclined tooth profile allows for larger contact ratios, resulting in efficient power transmission with minimal energy losses. This characteristic is beneficial for heavy-duty machinery and equipment, as it helps optimize overall system efficiency and minimize energy consumption.
- Wide Range of Sizes and Ratios: Helical gears are available in a wide range of sizes and ratios, making them versatile for various heavy-duty applications. Whether it’s large-scale industrial machinery or heavy construction equipment, helical gears can be designed and manufactured to meet specific size and ratio requirements. This flexibility allows engineers to tailor the gear system to the demands of the heavy-duty application.
- Compatibility with High Speeds: Helical gears can effectively handle high rotational speeds, making them suitable for heavy-duty machinery and equipment that operate at high speeds. The helical gear design minimizes the risk of tooth-to-tooth impact and reduces the likelihood of gear tooth failures, such as pitting or chipping, even at elevated speeds. This compatibility with high speeds ensures reliable performance in heavy-duty applications that demand rapid operation.
- Ability to Handle Shock Loads: Heavy-duty machinery and equipment often experience shock loads during their operation. Helical gears are capable of withstanding moderate shock loads due to their robust construction and tooth engagement characteristics. However, if the application involves high shock loads, additional measures such as using hardened gears, optimizing gear materials, or incorporating shock-absorbing elements may be necessary.
- Compatibility with Lubrication Systems: Effective lubrication is vital for heavy-duty gear applications to minimize wear, reduce friction, and dissipate heat. Helical gears can be incorporated into lubrication systems that ensure proper oil flow and distribution. The inclined teeth of helical gears facilitate lubricant film formation and retention, helping to maintain optimal operating conditions and prolonging gear life in heavy-duty machinery and equipment.
- Manufacturing Expertise: The manufacturing processes for helical gears have been well-established and refined over many years. Gear manufacturers have extensive experience and expertise in producing helical gears, including large-scale and heavy-duty versions. This expertise ensures the production of high-quality helical gears that can meet the demands of heavy-duty machinery and equipment.
In summary, helical gears are well-suited for heavy-duty machinery and equipment due to their load distribution capabilities, smooth operation, high efficiency, adaptability to different sizes and ratios, compatibility with high speeds, ability to handle shock loads, compatibility with lubrication systems, and the manufacturing expertise available for their production. These factors make helical gears a reliable choice for heavy-duty applications across various industries.
What are the applications of helical gears?
Helical gears find wide-ranging applications in various mechanical systems due to their advantageous characteristics and capabilities. Here’s a detailed explanation of the applications of helical gears:
1. Power Transmission: Helical gears are commonly used for power transmission in a wide range of industries. They are employed in machinery and equipment where rotational motion needs to be transmitted between parallel shafts. Examples include gearboxes, industrial machinery, conveyors, and automotive transmissions.
2. Rotary Motion Control: Helical gears are used in applications where precise rotary motion control is required. They provide smooth and accurate motion transfer, making them suitable for applications such as robotics, precision equipment, machine tools, and positioning systems.
3. High Torque Applications: Due to their design and tooth engagement characteristics, helical gears are well-suited for high torque applications. They can efficiently transmit substantial power and handle heavy loads. This makes them suitable for heavy machinery, construction equipment, mining machinery, and marine propulsion systems.
4. Automotive Industry: Helical gears are extensively used in automotive applications. They are found in transmissions, differentials, and powertrain systems, where they facilitate smooth and efficient power transmission while reducing noise and vibration. Helical gears help achieve the desired gear ratios and torque multiplication in vehicles.
5. Machine Tools: Machine tools, such as milling machines, lathes, and gear hobbing machines, utilize helical gears for precise motion control and power transmission. Helical gears enable accurate and smooth rotation of cutting tools and workpieces, contributing to the high precision and quality of machined components.
6. Printing Industry: Helical gears are used in printing presses and other printing equipment. They facilitate the precise movement of paper and printing plates, ensuring accurate registration and high-quality printing results.
7. Textile Industry: In the textile industry, helical gears are employed in various machinery and equipment. They are used in spinning machines, weaving machines, and other textile processing equipment that require precise motion control and power transmission for efficient textile production.
8. Oil and Gas Industry: Helical gears are utilized in oil and gas equipment and machinery. They are found in pumps, compressors, drilling rigs, and other critical components where high torque transmission and reliable motion control are essential for efficient operations.
9. Power Generation: Helical gears play a crucial role in power generation systems. They are employed in wind turbines, hydroelectric generators, and other power generation equipment to transmit rotational motion from the turbine or generator shaft to the electrical generator, ensuring efficient electricity production.
10. General Machinery: Helical gears have diverse applications in general machinery across various industries. They are used in packaging equipment, food processing machinery, material handling systems, and numerous other mechanical systems that require reliable power transmission and precise motion control.
The versatility, load-carrying capacity, and smooth operation of helical gears make them suitable for numerous applications in different industries. The specific design, tooth profile, helix angle, and material selection can be tailored to meet the requirements of each application, ensuring optimal performance and longevity of the gear system.
editor by CX 2023-09-25