Gear technical data
|SAE1571, SAE1045, Cr12, 40Cr, Y15Pb, 1214Letc
|20CrMnTi, 16MnCr5, 20CrMnMo, 41CrMo, 17CrNiMo5etc
|HPb59-1, H70, CuZn39Pb2, CuZn40Pb2, C38000, CuZn40etc
|Gear Hobbing, Gear Milling, Gear Shaping, Gear Broaching,
|Gear Shaving, Gear Grinding and Gear Lapping
|0.5,0.75,1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, 2.0, 2.25, 2.5….8.0 ,10, 12,etc
|DIN Class 4, ISO/GB Class 4, AGMA Class 13, JIS Class 0
|Quenching & Tempering, Carburizing & Quenching, High-frequency Hardening, Carbonitriding.
|Blacking, Polishing, Anodization, Chrome Plating, Zinc Plating, Nickel Plating.
|DIN, ISO/GB, AGMA, JIS
Teeth cutting machining
Q1. What is your terms of packing?
A: Generally, we pack our goods in single color box. If you have special request about packing, pls negotiate with us in advance, we can pack the goods as your request.
Q2. What is your terms of payment?
A: T/T 30% as deposit, and 70% before delivery. We’ll show you the photos of the products and packages
before you pay the balance. Other payments terms, pls negotiate with us in advance, we can discuss.
Q3. What is your terms of delivery?
A: EXW, FOB, CFR, CIF.
Q4. How about your delivery time?
A: Generally, it will take 25 to 30 days after receiving your advance payment. The specific delivery time depends
on the items and the quantity of your order.
Q5. Can you produce according to the samples?
A: Yes, we can produce by your samples or technical drawings. We can build the molds and fixtures.
Q6. What is your sample policy?
A: We can supply the sample if we have ready parts in stock, but the customers have to pay the sample cost and
the courier cost.We welcome sample order.
Q7. Do you test all your goods before delivery?
A: Yes, we have 100% test before delivery
Q8: How do you make our business long-term and good relationship?
1. We keep good quality and competitive price to ensure our customers benefit ;
2. We respect every customer as our friend and we sincerely do business and make friends with them,
no matter where they come from.
|Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|Toothed Portion Shape:
How do plastic gears contribute to reducing noise and vibration?
Plastic gears contribute to reducing noise and vibration in various applications. Here’s a detailed explanation of how they achieve this:
Plastic gears possess inherent properties that help dampen noise and vibration during operation. These properties, combined with specific design considerations, contribute to the reduction of noise and vibration in the following ways:
- Damping Characteristics: Plastic materials have inherent damping characteristics, meaning they have the ability to absorb and dissipate vibrations. When compared to metal gears, which are stiffer and transmit vibrations more efficiently, plastic gears can effectively reduce the transmission of vibrations through their damping properties.
- Reduced Resonance: Plastic gears have the ability to attenuate resonant frequencies, which are frequencies at which vibrations can be amplified. By properly designing the tooth profile, gear geometry, and material selection, plastic gears can shift or dampen these resonant frequencies, preventing excessive vibration and noise generation.
- Tighter Gear Mesh Tolerances: Plastic gears can be manufactured with tighter gear mesh tolerances, which refers to the amount of clearance or backlash between mating gear teeth. Tighter tolerances lead to better gear engagement and reduced impact or vibration during gear meshing, resulting in quieter operation.
- Surface Finishes: The surface finish of plastic gears can be optimized to reduce friction and noise. Smoother gear surfaces reduce the potential for gear tooth noise and improve the overall meshing characteristics between gears. Proper lubrication or the use of self-lubricating plastic materials can further enhance the noise-reducing properties.
- Flexibility in Tooth Design: Plastic gears offer greater flexibility in tooth design compared to metal gears. Engineers can optimize the tooth profile and modify the gear geometry to minimize noise and vibration. For example, incorporating modifications such as profile shifting, tip relief, or helical teeth can help reduce gear noise by promoting smoother and more gradual tooth engagements.
By leveraging these characteristics and design considerations, plastic gears can effectively reduce noise and vibration levels in various applications. This makes them particularly suitable for use in noise-sensitive environments, such as consumer electronics, automotive components, or office equipment.
It’s important to note that while plastic gears can contribute to noise and vibration reduction, the specific noise performance also depends on other factors within the overall system, such as gear arrangement, supporting structures, and the presence of other noise sources. Therefore, a holistic approach to noise reduction should be considered when incorporating plastic gears into a design.
How do you prevent premature wear and degradation in plastic gears?
Preventing premature wear and degradation in plastic gears requires implementing various measures and considerations. Here’s a detailed explanation of how to achieve this:
1. Material Selection: Choose a plastic material with suitable properties for the specific application. Consider factors such as strength, stiffness, wear resistance, and compatibility with operating conditions. Opt for materials that have good resistance to wear, fatigue, and environmental factors to minimize premature degradation.
2. Gear Design: Pay attention to the design of the plastic gears to minimize wear and degradation. Optimize the tooth profile, gear geometry, and load distribution to reduce stress concentrations and ensure even load sharing among the teeth. Incorporate features such as fillets, reinforcements, and optimized tooth profiles to enhance the gear’s durability.
3. Lubrication: Proper lubrication is essential to reduce friction, minimize wear, and prevent premature degradation. Choose lubricants that are compatible with the plastic material and the operating conditions. Ensure adequate lubrication by following manufacturer recommendations and implementing proper lubrication techniques such as oil bath, grease, or dry lubrication.
4. Operating Conditions: Consider the operating conditions and make adjustments to prevent premature wear and degradation. Control operating temperatures within the recommended range for the plastic material to avoid thermal degradation. Avoid excessive speeds or loads that can lead to increased friction and wear. Minimize exposure to harsh chemicals, UV radiation, or abrasive particles that can degrade the plastic material.
5. Maintenance: Implement regular maintenance practices to prevent premature wear and degradation. Conduct periodic inspections to identify signs of wear or damage. Replace worn or damaged gears promptly to prevent further degradation. Follow recommended maintenance schedules for lubrication, cleaning, and any other specific requirements for the plastic gears.
6. Proper Installation: Ensure that plastic gears are installed correctly to minimize wear and degradation. Follow manufacturer guidelines and recommendations for installation procedures, such as proper alignment, torque values, and fastening techniques. Improper installation can lead to misalignment, increased stress concentrations, and accelerated wear.
7. Optimized Load Distribution: Design the gear system to ensure even load distribution across the gear teeth. Consider factors such as tooth profile, tooth width, and the number of teeth to optimize load sharing. Uneven load distribution can lead to localized wear and premature degradation of specific gear teeth.
8. Environmental Protection: Protect plastic gears from harsh environmental conditions that can accelerate wear and degradation. Implement measures such as sealing mechanisms, coatings, or encapsulation to shield the gears from exposure to chemicals, moisture, UV radiation, or abrasive particles.
9. Quality Manufacturing: Ensure high-quality manufacturing processes to minimize defects and inconsistencies that can compromise the durability of plastic gears. Use reputable suppliers and manufacturers that adhere to strict quality control measures. Conduct thorough inspections and testing to verify the quality of the gears before installation.
By considering these preventive measures, such as material selection, gear design, lubrication, operating conditions, maintenance, proper installation, load distribution optimization, environmental protection, and quality manufacturing, it’s possible to minimize premature wear and degradation in plastic gears, ensuring their longevity and performance.
What industries commonly use plastic gears?
Plastic gears find applications in various industries due to their unique properties and advantages. Here’s a detailed explanation of the industries that commonly use plastic gears:
- Automotive: Plastic gears are used in automotive applications such as power windows, seat adjusters, HVAC systems, windshield wipers, and various motor-driven mechanisms. Their lightweight nature, noise reduction capabilities, and corrosion resistance make them suitable for these applications.
- Consumer Electronics: Plastic gears are used in consumer electronics devices like printers, scanners, cameras, and audio equipment. Their lightweight construction, low noise generation, and design flexibility make them ideal for compact and noise-sensitive applications.
- Medical: Plastic gears are utilized in medical devices and equipment such as pumps, lab instruments, diagnostic devices, and surgical equipment. Their corrosion resistance, lubricity, and ability to be sterilized make them suitable for medical environments.
- Office Equipment: Plastic gears are commonly found in office equipment like printers, photocopiers, scanners, and shredders. Their low noise operation, lightweight construction, and cost-effectiveness make them popular choices in these applications.
- Industrial Machinery: Plastic gears are used in various industrial machinery applications, including packaging equipment, conveyor systems, material handling equipment, and small gearboxes. Their self-lubricating properties, corrosion resistance, and noise reduction capabilities make them suitable for these industrial environments.
- Toys and Games: Plastic gears are extensively used in toys, hobbyist models, and games. Their lightweight nature, cost-effectiveness, and ease of customization allow for the creation of intricate moving parts in these recreational products.
- Aerospace: Plastic gears are used in certain aerospace applications, particularly in non-critical systems such as cabin equipment, small actuators, and control mechanisms. Their lightweight construction and noise reduction characteristics are advantageous in aerospace applications.
- Telecommunications: Plastic gears find applications in telecommunications equipment such as routers, switches, and communication devices. Their lightweight design, noise reduction properties, and cost-effectiveness make them suitable for these applications.
These are just a few examples of the industries that commonly use plastic gears. The versatility, cost-effectiveness, design flexibility, and specific performance characteristics of plastic gears make them valuable components in numerous applications across various sectors.
editor by CX 2023-09-28