Wholesale Price High Precision Aluminum Spur Gear
Gear transmission relies on the thrust between gear teeth to transmit motion and power, also known as meshing transmission. With this gradual meshing, helical gears operate much more smoothly and quietly than spur gears. Therefore, almost all automobile transmissions use helical gears.Since the teeth on the helical gear present a certain angle, the gears will be under a certain amount of stress when they mesh. Equipment using helical gears is equipped with bearings to withstand this pressure.
1. Produce strictly in accordance with ANSI or DIN standard dimension
2. Material: Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, Brass, Bronze, Iron, Aluminum Alloy etc
3. Bore: Finished bore
4. Precision grade: DIN 5 to DIN 7
5. Surface treatment: Carburizing and Quenching
6. Module: From 1 to 8
7. Tooth: From Z15 to Z70
|Spur Gear & Helical Gear
|OEM, drawings or samples customize
|Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, S45C, SCM415, 20CrMoTi, 40Cr, Brass, SUS303/304, Bronze, Iron, Aluminum Alloy etc
|Quenching & Tempering, Carburizing & Quenching, High-frequency Hardening, Carbonitriding……
|Conditioning, Carburizing and Quenching,Tempering ,High frequency quenching, Tempering, Blackening, QPQ, Cr-plating, Zn-plating, Ni-plating, Electroplate, Passivation, Picking, Plolishing, Lon-plating, Chemical vapor deposition(CVD), Physical vapour deposition(PVD)…
|Finished bore, Pilot Bore, Special request
|Molding, Shaving, Hobbing, Drilling, Tapping, Reaming, Manual Chamfering, Grinding etc
|Customer Drawings & ISO standard
|Wooden Case/Container and pallet, or made-to-order
|Gear Hobbing, Gear Milling, Gear Shaping, Gear Broaching, Gear Shaving, Gear Grinding and Gear Lapping
|Printing Equipment Industry, Laser Equipment Industry, Automated Assemblyline Industry, Woodening Industry, Packaging Equipment Industry, Logistics storage Machinery Industry, Robot Industry, Machine Tool Equipment Industry
|North America, South America, Eastern Europe , West Europe , North Europe, South Europe, Asia
|How to order?
|* You send us drawing or sample
|* We carry through project assessment
|* We give you our design for your confirmation
|* We make the sample and send it to you after you confirmed our design
|* You confirm the sample then place an order and pay us 30% deposit
|* We start producing
|* When the goods is done, you pay us the balance after you confirmed pictures or tracking numbers.
|* Trade is done, thank you!!
If you are interested in our products, please tell us which materials, type, width, length u want.
|Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car, Automation Equipment
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|Toothed Portion Shape:
How do aluminum gears perform in different environments?
The performance of aluminum gears in different environments can vary depending on several factors. Here’s a detailed explanation:
1. Corrosive Environments: Aluminum gears generally offer good corrosion resistance, especially when compared to materials like steel. They can perform well in environments where exposure to moisture, chemicals, or corrosive substances is common. However, in highly acidic or alkaline environments, aluminum may not provide sufficient corrosion resistance, and alternative materials or protective coatings may be required.
2. High-Temperature Environments: Aluminum has a relatively low melting point compared to some other metals. In high-temperature environments, aluminum gears can experience thermal expansion, which may affect their dimensional stability and operating characteristics. Additionally, prolonged exposure to high temperatures can weaken aluminum alloys and reduce their mechanical properties. Therefore, in applications involving high temperatures, careful consideration of alloy selection and thermal management measures is necessary.
3. Low-Temperature Environments: Aluminum gears generally perform well in low-temperature environments. They exhibit good ductility and toughness even at low temperatures, allowing them to withstand sub-zero conditions without significant loss of performance. This makes aluminum gears suitable for applications in cold climates or environments.
4. High-Humidity Environments: Aluminum gears can tolerate high humidity environments without significant performance degradation. However, there is a risk of moisture absorption by the aluminum material, which can lead to galvanic corrosion or degradation of lubricating properties. Proper sealing, lubrication, and preventive maintenance practices are important to mitigate these risks.
5. Abrasive Environments: In environments where gears are exposed to abrasive particles or high levels of wear, aluminum gears may not offer the same level of wear resistance as materials like steel or hardened alloys. The relatively softer nature of aluminum can result in accelerated wear or damage to the gear teeth. In such cases, surface treatments, coatings, or alternative materials may be necessary to enhance wear resistance.
6. Electrical Environments: Aluminum is an electrically conductive material. In electrical environments, there is a possibility of electrical arcing or the formation of galvanic couples with dissimilar metals. Proper insulation, grounding, and preventive measures should be implemented to avoid any adverse effects on gear performance or electrical systems.
It’s important to consider the specific environmental conditions and requirements of the gear application when assessing the performance of aluminum gears. In many cases, aluminum gears can perform satisfactorily in various environments with proper design, material selection, lubrication, and maintenance practices. However, for extreme or highly specialized environments, alternative materials or additional protective measures may be necessary.
In summary, the performance of aluminum gears in different environments depends on factors such as corrosion resistance, temperature effects, humidity, abrasion resistance, electrical properties, and specific application considerations. Understanding these factors and implementing appropriate measures ensures optimal performance and durability of aluminum gears in diverse environmental conditions.
Can aluminum gears be used in aerospace and aviation applications?
Aluminum gears can indeed be used in aerospace and aviation applications. Here’s a detailed explanation:
1. Weight Reduction: Aluminum is known for its lightweight properties. In aerospace and aviation industries, weight reduction is a critical factor for improving fuel efficiency, increasing payload capacity, and enhancing overall performance. Aluminum gears offer a significant advantage over heavier materials like steel, helping to achieve weight savings without compromising strength and functionality.
2. Corrosion Resistance: Aluminum alloys are inherently corrosion-resistant, especially when compared to ferrous materials like steel. In aerospace and aviation environments, where exposure to moisture, humidity, and harsh chemicals is common, corrosion resistance is vital. Aluminum gears can withstand these corrosive conditions, reducing the risk of gear degradation and ensuring long-term reliability.
3. Thermal Conductivity: Aluminum has excellent thermal conductivity, allowing for efficient heat dissipation. In aerospace and aviation applications, where gears may be subjected to high-speed rotations or heavy loads, heat generation can be a concern. Aluminum gears can effectively transfer and dissipate heat, helping to maintain optimal operating temperatures and prevent overheating-related failures.
4. Low Noise and Vibration: Aluminum gears possess inherent damping properties, which can contribute to lower noise and vibration levels. In aerospace and aviation, noise reduction is crucial for passenger comfort, crew safety, and compliance with regulatory requirements. Aluminum gears can help reduce gear-induced noise and vibration, enhancing the overall user experience.
5. Manufacturability: Aluminum is a highly formable material, enabling complex gear designs and intricate shapes. It can be fabricated through various processes such as casting, machining, or powder metallurgy, offering flexibility in manufacturing techniques. This allows for the production of custom gear geometries and optimized designs to meet specific aerospace and aviation requirements.
6. Compatibility with Composites: The aerospace and aviation industries widely use composite materials for their high strength-to-weight ratios. Aluminum gears can be designed to be compatible with composite structures, integrating seamlessly with other components in aircraft or spacecraft systems. This compatibility allows for efficient transmission of motion and power within composite assemblies.
7. Regulatory Compliance: Aluminum is a well-established material in aerospace and aviation industries, and its use in gears aligns with industry standards and regulatory requirements. The performance and reliability of aluminum gears have been extensively studied and validated, making them a trusted choice for critical applications.
In summary, aluminum gears are well-suited for aerospace and aviation applications due to their lightweight nature, corrosion resistance, thermal conductivity, low noise and vibration characteristics, manufacturability, compatibility with composites, and compliance with industry standards. These factors make aluminum gears a viable option for enhancing performance, efficiency, and safety in the aerospace and aviation sectors.
How do aluminum gears compare to other materials in terms of weight?
Aluminum gears have distinct advantages when it comes to weight. Here’s a detailed explanation:
1. Lightweight Nature: Aluminum gears are significantly lighter compared to gears made from other materials such as steel or cast iron. Aluminum has a lower density than these materials, resulting in gears that weigh less for the same size and shape.
2. Weight Reduction Benefits: The lightweight nature of aluminum gears offers several benefits:
- Improved Energy Efficiency: The reduced weight of aluminum gears contributes to improved energy efficiency in machinery. With lighter gears, less energy is required to rotate or move the gears, resulting in reduced power consumption.
- Reduced Inertia: The lower weight of aluminum gears reduces the inertia of rotating parts. This enables quicker acceleration and deceleration, leading to improved responsiveness and overall performance of the machinery.
- Easier Handling and Installation: Aluminum gears are easier to handle and install due to their lighter weight. This simplifies the assembly process and reduces the physical effort required for maintenance or replacement of gears.
3. Comparison with Other Materials: When compared to materials like steel or cast iron, aluminum gears can be up to three times lighter, depending on the specific alloys and manufacturing methods used.
4. Trade-off with Strength: It’s important to note that the lightweight nature of aluminum gears comes with a trade-off in terms of strength. Aluminum has lower strength compared to materials like steel, which limits the load-carrying capacity of aluminum gears. Therefore, aluminum gears are typically used in applications with lighter loads and lower torque requirements.
5. Application Considerations: The choice between aluminum gears and gears made from other materials depends on the specific application requirements. In applications where weight reduction is crucial, such as automotive or aerospace systems, aluminum gears can provide significant advantages. However, in applications with heavy loads or high torque, materials with higher strength, like steel, may be more suitable.
In summary, aluminum gears are notably lighter compared to gears made from materials like steel or cast iron. Their lightweight nature offers benefits such as improved energy efficiency, reduced inertia, and easier handling and installation. However, it’s important to consider the trade-off in strength when choosing aluminum gears for specific applications. By carefully assessing the weight requirements and load conditions, industries can determine whether aluminum gears are the optimal choice for their machinery.
editor by CX 2023-09-12