Permissible Torque:up to 50000
Get the right gearbox for your equipment.
PTT knows gearbox. As the leading industry gearbox manufacturer, PSS offers the best power transmission solutions to perfectly meet your specific industry application. On gearbox, CHINAMFG has a lot more to share.
We always satisfy all industries with our gearbox
PTT strives for 100% satisfaction from customers of all industries. We welcome challenges to offer tailored design or special solution to satisfy customers’ Special needs on applications. We like to make impossibility become possibility.
Turbine gearboxes and planetary gearboxes are our advantages. Most companies can only manufacture Helical Bevel gearboxes, and we have a strong design team that has now designed turbine gearboxes up to 70, 000 rpm.
PTT offers a vast diversity of gear reducer, geared motor and gearbox. No doubt you are able to find what you need with PTT.
PTT is a trustworthy manufacturer you can rely on, no matter in terms of quality, delivery, pricing, service, etc. It becomes our name tag during our history of servicing our customers.
PTT is able to manufacture 200, 000 sets of gear reducers yearly and keeps investing on development of new series product.
We have a large list of our satisfied clients
Among the large list of our satisfied clients, there are many trend-setting top brands in various industries.
Helical Gear Units
Bevel-Helical Gear Units
ZYJ Series Gear Units
DY Series Gear Units
P Planetary Gear Units
MLX Series Mill Gear Units
High Speed Gear Units
Non-stand Gear Units
Q:Are you trading company or manufacturer?
A: We are manufacturer with over 20 years’ experience.
Q: How long is your delivery time?
A: Generally it is within 10 days if the goods are in stock, for goods produced as per order, it is within 35 days after confirmation of order.
Q: How long should I wait for the feedback after I send the enquiry?
A: Normally within 12 hours.
Q: What information should I give you to confirm the product?
A: Model/Size, Transmission Ratio, Speed, Shaft directions & Order quantity etc.
Q: Hong long is your product warranty?
A: We offer 12 months warranty from departure date of the goods.
Q: What is your payment terms? T/T 100% in advance for amount less than USD10000.-, 30% T/T in advance , balance before shipment for amount above USD10000.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us below:
HOW TO CONTACT US?
Send your Inquiry Details in the Below, click “Send” Now!
Estimated freight per unit.
|To be negotiated
|Motor, Machinery, Agricultural Machinery
|Change Drive Torque, Speed Changing, Speed Reduction
|Hardened Tooth Surface
Can you provide examples of machinery that use helical gears?
Helical gears are widely used in various types of machinery and mechanical systems. Their unique tooth geometry and smooth operation make them suitable for applications that require high torque transmission, precision, and low noise levels. Here are some examples of machinery and equipment that commonly utilize helical gears:
- Industrial Gearboxes: Helical gears are extensively employed in industrial gearboxes used in various industries such as manufacturing, mining, oil and gas, and power generation. These gearboxes are responsible for transmitting power and adjusting rotational speed in large machinery and equipment, including conveyors, mixers, crushers, extruders, and heavy-duty pumps.
- Automotive Transmissions: Helical gears play a crucial role in automotive transmissions, both manual and automatic. They facilitate the smooth shifting of gears and the transfer of power from the engine to the wheels. Helical gears are commonly found in the main transmission system, differential gears, and gear sets used in the gearbox.
- Machine Tools: Many types of machine tools, such as milling machines, lathes, and grinding machines, rely on helical gears for precise motion control and power transmission. Helical gears are used in the spindle drives, feed mechanisms, and gearboxes of these machines, enabling accurate and efficient metal shaping, cutting, and finishing operations.
- Rotary Compressors: Helical gears are employed in rotary compressors, which are widely used in industries such as refrigeration, HVAC, and pneumatic systems. The helical gears in these compressors help to compress and transfer gases or fluids, generating the desired pressure and flow rates.
- Printing Presses: High-speed printing presses utilize helical gears in their drive systems. The gears enable the precise synchronization of various components, such as rollers, cylinders, and plate cylinders, ensuring accurate paper feeding, ink distribution, and image transfer during the printing process.
- Paper and Pulp Industry: Helical gears are utilized in machinery used in the paper and pulp industry, including paper mills and paperboard manufacturing plants. They are employed in equipment such as pulpers, refiners, stock pumps, and paper machine drives, facilitating the processing, refining, and transportation of pulp and paper materials.
- Construction Equipment: Helical gears are found in various construction machinery, such as cranes, excavators, loaders, and bulldozers. They are used in the drivetrains, swing mechanisms, and hydraulic systems of these machines, providing the necessary torque, speed control, and power transmission capabilities.
- Marine Propulsion Systems: Helical gears are utilized in marine propulsion systems, including marine engines, outboard motors, and ship propulsion systems. They enable efficient power transmission from the engine to the propeller, ensuring smooth and reliable operation of watercraft.
- Wind Turbines: In wind energy applications, helical gears are commonly used in wind turbine gearboxes. They help convert the low-speed rotation of the turbine blades into higher rotational speeds required by the electrical generators, enabling efficient energy generation from wind power.
- Food Processing Machinery: Helical gears find applications in the food processing industry, where they are used in equipment such as mixers, conveyors, extruders, and packaging machines. They facilitate the movement of ingredients, blending, and precise control of processing parameters.
These examples demonstrate the versatility and widespread use of helical gears across various industries and applications. The unique characteristics of helical gears make them suitable for a wide range of machinery that requires smooth, efficient, and reliable power transmission.
How do you address thermal expansion and contraction in a helical gear system?
Addressing thermal expansion and contraction in a helical gear system is crucial to ensure proper operation and prevent potential issues such as misalignment, increased backlash, or premature wear. Thermal expansion and contraction occur when temperature changes cause the gear components to expand or contract, affecting the gear meshing and overall performance. Here is a detailed explanation of how to address thermal expansion and contraction in a helical gear system:
- Material Selection: Choose materials for the gear components that have a similar coefficient of thermal expansion. Matching the coefficients of thermal expansion helps minimize the differential expansion and contraction between the gears, reducing the potential for misalignment or excessive clearance. Consult material suppliers or engineering references for guidance on selecting compatible materials.
- Design Considerations: Incorporate design features that account for thermal expansion and contraction. For example, provide adequate clearance between gear components to accommodate expansion without causing interference. Use proper tolerances and fits to allow for thermal variations. Consider incorporating expansion joints or flexible couplings in the system to absorb thermal movements and prevent stress concentrations.
- Operating Temperature Range: Determine the expected operating temperature range for the helical gear system. Consider the ambient temperature as well as any temperature fluctuations that may occur during operation. Understanding the temperature range helps in selecting appropriate materials and designing for thermal expansion and contraction effects.
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is essential to address thermal expansion and contraction. Select lubricants that have good thermal stability and can maintain their viscosity within the expected temperature range. Lubricants with high thermal stability can help minimize the risk of viscosity changes, which can affect gear meshing characteristics and increase friction and wear.
- Preheating or Precooling: In some cases, preheating or precooling the gear components before assembly can help minimize the effects of thermal expansion and contraction. By bringing the components to a uniform temperature, the differential expansion can be reduced, resulting in better gear meshing alignment. However, this approach may not be suitable for all applications and should be evaluated based on the specific system requirements.
- Thermal Analysis and Simulation: Conduct thermal analysis and simulation of the helical gear system to evaluate the effects of temperature changes on gear performance. Finite element analysis (FEA) or specialized gear design software can be used to model the gear system and simulate thermal expansion and contraction. This analysis can provide insights into potential issues and guide design modifications or material selection.
- Monitoring and Maintenance: Regularly monitor the helical gear system for any signs of abnormal wear, noise, or misalignment. Implement a maintenance program that includes periodic inspections, lubricant analysis, and gear condition monitoring. Detecting early signs of thermal expansion- or contraction-related issues allows for timely corrective actions to be taken, minimizing the risk of equipment failure or reduced performance.
By considering these measures, it is possible to address thermal expansion and contraction in a helical gear system and ensure its reliable and efficient operation. Proper material selection, design considerations, lubrication, and monitoring contribute to minimizing the potential adverse effects of temperature variations on gear performance and extending the system’s lifespan.
What is a helical gear and how does it work?
A helical gear is a type of cylindrical gear with teeth that are cut at an angle to the gear axis. It is widely used in various mechanical systems to transmit power and motion between parallel shafts. Here’s a detailed explanation of helical gears and their working principles:
A helical gear consists of a cylindrical shape with teeth that are cut in a helical pattern around the gear’s circumference. The teeth of a helical gear are not perpendicular to the gear axis but are instead aligned at an angle, forming a helix shape. This helix angle allows for gradual engagement and disengagement of the gear teeth, resulting in smoother and quieter operation compared to spur gears.
The working principle of a helical gear involves the transfer of rotational motion and power between parallel shafts. When two helical gears mesh together, their helical teeth gradually come into contact, causing a sliding action as the gears rotate. This sliding action creates both axial and radial forces on the teeth, resulting in a thrust load along the gear axis.
As the helical gears rotate, the sliding action between the teeth causes a force component along the gear axis. This axial force is responsible for generating the thrust load on the gear, which must be properly supported by suitable thrust bearings or other means to ensure smooth and efficient operation.
The helical gear design offers several advantages:
- Smooth and Quiet Operation: The helical teeth engagement allows for a gradual contact between the gear teeth, reducing impact and noise during operation. This results in smoother and quieter gear performance compared to spur gears.
- Increased Load-Carrying Capacity: The helical gear design provides greater tooth contact compared to spur gears. This increased contact area allows helical gears to transmit higher loads and handle greater torque without experiencing excessive wear or tooth failure.
- Parallel Shaft Operation: Helical gears are primarily used for transmitting power and motion between parallel shafts. By meshing two helical gears on parallel shafts, rotational motion can be efficiently transmitted from one shaft to the other with a constant speed ratio.
- Ability to Transmit Motion at Various Angles: While helical gears are commonly used for parallel shaft applications, they can also be used to transmit motion at non-parallel shaft angles by using a combination of helical gears or by incorporating additional components such as bevel gears.
It is important to consider a few factors when using helical gears:
- Helix Angle: The helix angle determines the degree of tooth engagement and sliding action. A higher helix angle increases the smoothness of operation but also introduces a larger axial force and thrust load on the gear.
- Direction of Helix: Helical gears can have either a right-hand or left-hand helix. When two helical gears mesh, they must have opposite helix directions to ensure proper engagement.
- Lubrication: Due to the sliding action between helical gear teeth, proper lubrication is crucial to minimize friction, wear, and heat generation. Adequate lubrication helps ensure the longevity and efficiency of the gear system.
In summary, a helical gear is a cylindrical gear with teeth cut in a helical pattern. It operates by gradually engaging and disengaging the teeth, resulting in smooth and quiet operation. Helical gears are widely used in various mechanical systems for parallel shaft applications, providing high load-carrying capacity and efficient power transmission.
editor by CX 2023-09-21