Manufacturer Price Customized Metal Bevel Spur Differential Steering Spline Plastic
Nylon Stainless Steel Gear Small Worm Gear
|1) Aluminum: AL 6061-T6, 6063, 7075-T etc.
|2) Stainless steel: 303, 304, 316L, 17-4(SUS630) etc.
|3) Steel: 4140, Q235, Q345B, 20#, 45# etc.
|4) Titanium: TA1, TA2/GR2, TA4/GR5, TC4, TC18 etc.
|5) Brass: C36000 (HPb62), C37700 (HPb59), C26800 (H68), C22000(H90) etc.
|6) Copper, Bronze, Magnesium alloy, Delrin, POM, Acrylic, PC, etc.
|Sandblasting, Anodize color, Blackenning, Zinc/Nickl Plating, Polish.
|Power coating, Passivation PVD, Titanium Plating, Electrogalvanizing.
|Electroplating chromium, Electrophoresis, QPQ(Quench-Polish-Quench).
|Electro Polishing, Chrome Plating, Knurl, Laser etch Logo, etc.
|CNC machining center(Milling), CNC Lathe, Grinding machine.
|Cylindrical grinder machine, Drilling machine, Laser cutting machine, etc.
|STEP, STP, GIS, CAD, PDF, DWG, DXF etc or samples.
|+/-0.01mm ~ +/-0.05mm
|Complete inspection lab with Micrometer, Optical Comparator, Caliper Vernier, CMM.
|Depth Caliper Vernier, Universal Protractor, Clock Gauge, Internal Centigrade Gauge.
|CNC turning work range: φ0.5mm-φ150mm*300mm.
|CNC milling work range: 510mm*1571mm*500mm.
Runsom, a company specializing in rapid prototyping and manufacturing, has decades of experience in
CNC machining, 3D printing, injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, and die casting. Our engineering
team with extensive knowledge and experience utilizes the latest prototyping technologies and top-notch
machining equipment to provide comprehensive services to satisfy global customers’ requirements,
timescales, and specific needs. We are able to take your concepts or designs to reality production in just
days with our advanced machining technologies, extensive manufacturing experience, and a wealth of
Runsom Precision was established to give support to companies in the industries fields who continually
need to reduce their costs and meet tight deadlines. Our purpose is to ensure customer satisfaction by
providing first-class project management control and problem-free products.
Get a Quote
Q1: What’s kinds of information you need for quote?
A1: Kindly please provide the 2D/3D drawings (PDF/DWG/DXF/IGS/STP/SLDPRT/etc) and advise material
, finish, quantity for quoting.
Q2: What is your MOQ?
A2: MOQ depends on our client’s needs, besides, we welcome trial order before mass-production.
Q3: What is the lead time?
A3: Depending on your specific project and quantity.
Q4: Available for customized design drawings?
A4: Yes, please send the technical drawings to us. It’s better if you can send both 2D and 3D drawings if
Q5: If the parts we purchase from your company are not good, what can we do?
A5: Please feel free to contact us after you got the products. Kindly send us some photos, we will
feedback to our engineers and QC departments and solve the problems ASAP.
Q6: Are you a manufacturer or trading company?
A6: We are a manufacturer, we are located in HangZhou, China.
Q7: Will my drawings be safe after sending to you?
A7: Yes, we will keep them well and not release to third party without your permission.
|Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car, Auto,Motorcycle,Aviation,Electonic,Medical,Home
|According to The Drawing
|According to The Drawing
|Toothed Portion Shape:
Can plastic gears withstand high torque and load conditions?
Plastic gears have certain limitations when it comes to withstanding high torque and load conditions. Here’s a detailed explanation of their capabilities:
Plastic gears can be designed and manufactured to handle a range of torque and load conditions, but their performance is generally inferior to that of metal gears in high-stress applications. The specific capabilities of plastic gears depend on various factors, including the chosen plastic material, gear design, tooth profile, and operating conditions.
While plastic gears may not be suitable for extremely high torque or heavy-load applications, they can still provide reliable performance in many moderate-load scenarios. Plastic gears are commonly used in applications with light to moderate loads, where their unique properties and advantages outweigh their limitations.
Some plastic materials, such as acetal (POM) and polyamide (nylon), offer good strength and wear resistance, allowing them to handle moderate torque and load conditions. These materials can be reinforced with additives or fillers to enhance their mechanical properties and increase their load-bearing capacity.
It’s important to note that when designing with plastic gears, engineers must carefully consider factors such as gear size, tooth geometry, material selection, and operating conditions. Reinforcement techniques, such as using metal inserts or reinforcing fibers, may be employed to improve the strength and load-bearing capabilities of plastic gears in certain applications.
In high torque or heavy-load applications, metal gears, particularly those made from steel or other high-strength alloys, are generally preferred due to their superior strength and durability. Metal gears offer higher load capacities, better resistance to deformation, and increased resistance to wear under extreme conditions.
Ultimately, the suitability of plastic gears for high torque and load conditions depends on the specific requirements of the application and the trade-off between the benefits of plastic gears, such as weight reduction and noise reduction, and the higher load-bearing capabilities of metal gears.
It’s recommended to consult with gear manufacturers or mechanical engineers to determine the most appropriate gear material and design for a particular application, especially when high torque and load conditions are expected.
Are there specific design considerations for using plastic gears?
Yes, there are specific design considerations that need to be taken into account when using plastic gears. Here’s a detailed explanation of these considerations:
1. Material Selection: Choosing the right plastic material for the gear application is crucial. Different plastic materials have varying mechanical properties, such as strength, stiffness, and wear resistance. Consider factors such as load-bearing requirements, operating temperatures, environmental conditions, and compatibility with lubricants. It’s important to select a plastic material that can withstand the specific demands of the application.
2. Gear Geometry: The design of plastic gears should consider factors such as tooth profile, module or pitch, pressure angle, and tooth thickness. The gear geometry should be optimized to ensure proper meshing, efficient power transmission, and minimal noise and vibration. The design should also take into account the limitations and capabilities of the plastic material, such as its ability to form precise tooth profiles and maintain dimensional stability.
3. Clearances and Tolerances: Plastic gears may require different clearances and tolerances compared to metal gears. The coefficient of thermal expansion, dimensional stability, and manufacturing processes of plastic materials can affect the gear clearances. It’s important to consider the thermal expansion characteristics of the specific plastic material and provide appropriate clearances to accommodate temperature variations. Tight tolerances may result in binding or increased friction, while excessive clearances can lead to backlash and reduced gear accuracy.
4. Load Distribution: Distributing the load evenly across the gear teeth is essential for preventing premature wear and failure. Consider gear design elements such as tooth profile, tooth width, and the number of teeth to optimize load distribution. Reinforcing the gear teeth with fillets or other strengthening features can help improve load-bearing capacity and reduce stress concentrations.
5. Stiffness and Deflection: Plastic gears generally have lower stiffness compared to metal gears. The design should consider the potential for deflection or deformation under load. It may be necessary to increase the gear size, modify the tooth geometry, or incorporate additional support structures to enhance stiffness and minimize deflection. Analytical tools and simulations can be employed to assess and optimize gear design for stiffness and deflection.
6. Lubrication and Wear: Proper lubrication is important for the performance and durability of plastic gears. Consider the lubrication requirements of the specific plastic material and design features that facilitate effective lubricant distribution. Pay attention to potential wear mechanisms, such as adhesive wear or abrasive wear, and incorporate measures to minimize wear, such as optimized tooth profiles, lubricant selection, and sealing mechanisms.
7. Environmental Factors: Plastic gears may be subjected to various environmental factors such as temperature extremes, humidity, chemicals, and UV exposure. Evaluate the potential impact of these factors on the gear material and design. Select plastic materials that offer resistance to environmental degradation and consider protective measures, such as coatings or encapsulation, to enhance the gear’s resistance to environmental conditions.
8. Manufacturability: Consider the manufacturability of plastic gears during the design phase. Different plastic materials may have specific requirements or limitations for manufacturing processes such as injection molding or machining. Design features that facilitate efficient and cost-effective production, such as draft angles, parting lines, and tooling considerations, should be taken into account.
By considering these specific design considerations, such as material selection, gear geometry, clearances, load distribution, stiffness, lubrication, environmental factors, and manufacturability, it’s possible to optimize the design and performance of plastic gears for various applications.
What industries commonly use plastic gears?
Plastic gears find applications in various industries due to their unique properties and advantages. Here’s a detailed explanation of the industries that commonly use plastic gears:
- Automotive: Plastic gears are used in automotive applications such as power windows, seat adjusters, HVAC systems, windshield wipers, and various motor-driven mechanisms. Their lightweight nature, noise reduction capabilities, and corrosion resistance make them suitable for these applications.
- Consumer Electronics: Plastic gears are used in consumer electronics devices like printers, scanners, cameras, and audio equipment. Their lightweight construction, low noise generation, and design flexibility make them ideal for compact and noise-sensitive applications.
- Medical: Plastic gears are utilized in medical devices and equipment such as pumps, lab instruments, diagnostic devices, and surgical equipment. Their corrosion resistance, lubricity, and ability to be sterilized make them suitable for medical environments.
- Office Equipment: Plastic gears are commonly found in office equipment like printers, photocopiers, scanners, and shredders. Their low noise operation, lightweight construction, and cost-effectiveness make them popular choices in these applications.
- Industrial Machinery: Plastic gears are used in various industrial machinery applications, including packaging equipment, conveyor systems, material handling equipment, and small gearboxes. Their self-lubricating properties, corrosion resistance, and noise reduction capabilities make them suitable for these industrial environments.
- Toys and Games: Plastic gears are extensively used in toys, hobbyist models, and games. Their lightweight nature, cost-effectiveness, and ease of customization allow for the creation of intricate moving parts in these recreational products.
- Aerospace: Plastic gears are used in certain aerospace applications, particularly in non-critical systems such as cabin equipment, small actuators, and control mechanisms. Their lightweight construction and noise reduction characteristics are advantageous in aerospace applications.
- Telecommunications: Plastic gears find applications in telecommunications equipment such as routers, switches, and communication devices. Their lightweight design, noise reduction properties, and cost-effectiveness make them suitable for these applications.
These are just a few examples of the industries that commonly use plastic gears. The versatility, cost-effectiveness, design flexibility, and specific performance characteristics of plastic gears make them valuable components in numerous applications across various sectors.
editor by CX 2023-10-31