Custom CNC Milling Turning Service Precision Steel Bevel Helic Rack Gears Pinion
Metal Gears Spur Plastic Gear Sets
|1) Aluminum: AL 6061-T6, 6063, 7075-T etc.
|2) Stainless steel: 303, 304, 316L, 17-4(SUS630) etc.
|3) Steel: 4140, Q235, Q345B, 20#, 45# etc.
|4) Titanium: TA1, TA2/GR2, TA4/GR5, TC4, TC18 etc.
|5) Brass: C36000 (HPb62), C37700 (HPb59), C26800 (H68), C22000(H90) etc.
|6) Copper, Bronze, Magnesium alloy, Delrin, POM, Acrylic, PC, etc.
|Sandblasting, Anodize color, Blackenning, Zinc/Nickl Plating, Polish.
|Power coating, Passivation PVD, Titanium Plating, Electrogalvanizing.
|Electroplating chromium, Electrophoresis, QPQ(Quench-Polish-Quench).
|Electro Polishing, Chrome Plating, Knurl, Laser etch Logo, etc.
|CNC machining center(Milling), CNC Lathe, Grinding machine.
|Cylindrical grinder machine, Drilling machine, Laser cutting machine, etc.
|STEP, STP, GIS, CAD, PDF, DWG, DXF etc or samples.
|+/-0.01mm ~ +/-0.05mm
|Complete inspection lab with Micrometer, Optical Comparator, Caliper Vernier, CMM.
|Depth Caliper Vernier, Universal Protractor, Clock Gauge, Internal Centigrade Gauge.
|CNC turning work range: φ0.5mm-φ150mm*300mm.
|CNC milling work range: 510mm*1571mm*500mm.
Runsom, a company specializing in rapid prototyping and manufacturing, has decades of experience in
CNC machining, 3D printing, injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, and die casting. Our engineering
team with extensive knowledge and experience utilizes the latest prototyping technologies and top-notch
machining equipment to provide comprehensive services to satisfy global customers’ requirements,
timescales, and specific needs. We are able to take your concepts or designs to reality production in just
days with our advanced machining technologies, extensive manufacturing experience, and a wealth of
Runsom Precision was established to give support to companies in the industries fields who continually
need to reduce their costs and meet tight deadlines. Our purpose is to ensure customer satisfaction by
providing first-class project management control and problem-free products.
Get a Quote
Q1: What’s kinds of information you need for quote?
A1: Kindly please provide the 2D/3D drawings (PDF/DWG/DXF/IGS/STP/SLDPRT/etc) and advise material
, finish, quantity for quoting.
Q2: What is your MOQ?
A2: MOQ depends on our client’s needs, besides, we welcome trial order before mass-production.
Q3: What is the lead time?
A3: Depending on your specific project and quantity.
Q4: Available for customized design drawings?
A4: Yes, please send the technical drawings to us. It’s better if you can send both 2D and 3D drawings if
Q5: If the parts we purchase from your company are not good, what can we do?
A5: Please feel free to contact us after you got the products. Kindly send us some photos, we will
feedback to our engineers and QC departments and solve the problems ASAP.
Q6: Are you a manufacturer or trading company?
A6: We are a manufacturer, we are located in HangZhou, China.
Q7: Will my drawings be safe after sending to you?
A7: Yes, we will keep them well and not release to third party without your permission.
|Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|Toothed Portion Shape:
|Carbon Steel, Aluminum, Stainless Steel
Can plastic gears be used in food and beverage processing machinery?
Plastic gears can be used in food and beverage processing machinery in certain applications. Here’s a detailed explanation of their suitability:
Plastic gears offer several advantages that make them a viable choice for certain food and beverage processing machinery applications:
- Corrosion Resistance: Many plastic materials, such as certain types of polypropylene (PP) or polyethylene (PE), exhibit excellent resistance to corrosion and chemical attack. This makes them suitable for use in food and beverage processing environments where exposure to acidic or alkaline substances, cleaning agents, or food ingredients is common.
- Hygienic Properties: Plastic gears can be designed to have smooth surfaces without any cracks, crevices, or pores, which can harbor bacteria or contaminants. This makes them easier to clean and sterilize, promoting hygienic conditions in food and beverage processing machinery.
- Lightweight: Plastic gears are generally lighter than metal gears, which can be advantageous in applications where weight reduction is desired. The reduced weight can simplify machinery design, reduce energy consumption, and ease handling during maintenance or equipment assembly.
- Noise Reduction: Plastic gears, with their inherent damping characteristics, can help reduce noise levels in food and beverage processing machinery. This is particularly beneficial in settings where noise control is crucial for maintaining a comfortable working environment.
- Non-Toxicity: Food-grade plastic materials, such as certain types of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) or polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), are approved for contact with food and beverages. These materials comply with regulatory standards for food safety and do not leach harmful substances into the processed products.
- Design Flexibility: Plastic gears offer greater design flexibility compared to metal gears. They can be molded into complex shapes and incorporate features such as self-lubrication, noise reduction, or specific gear profiles to optimize performance for food and beverage processing applications.
However, it’s important to note that there are certain considerations and limitations when using plastic gears in food and beverage processing machinery:
- Operating Conditions: Plastic gears have temperature limitations and may not be suitable for applications involving high temperatures or extreme temperature fluctuations. It’s essential to select plastic materials that can withstand the specific temperature range of the processing environment.
- Load Requirements: Plastic gears typically have lower load-bearing capacities compared to metal gears. They may not be suitable for heavy-duty applications that require withstanding high torque or significant forces. Careful consideration should be given to the torque and load requirements of the specific machinery application.
- Application-Specific Requirements: Some food and beverage processing machinery applications may have unique requirements, such as high-speed operation, abrasive ingredients, or frequent cleaning cycles. It’s crucial to assess whether plastic gears can meet these specific requirements and evaluate the need for additional reinforcements or modifications.
Overall, plastic gears can be successfully used in food and beverage processing machinery for suitable applications, offering benefits such as corrosion resistance, hygienic properties, lightweight design, noise reduction, and compliance with food safety standards. However, proper material selection, design considerations, and a thorough understanding of the application’s requirements are important to ensure the reliable and safe operation of the machinery.
How do you prevent premature wear and degradation in plastic gears?
Preventing premature wear and degradation in plastic gears requires implementing various measures and considerations. Here’s a detailed explanation of how to achieve this:
1. Material Selection: Choose a plastic material with suitable properties for the specific application. Consider factors such as strength, stiffness, wear resistance, and compatibility with operating conditions. Opt for materials that have good resistance to wear, fatigue, and environmental factors to minimize premature degradation.
2. Gear Design: Pay attention to the design of the plastic gears to minimize wear and degradation. Optimize the tooth profile, gear geometry, and load distribution to reduce stress concentrations and ensure even load sharing among the teeth. Incorporate features such as fillets, reinforcements, and optimized tooth profiles to enhance the gear’s durability.
3. Lubrication: Proper lubrication is essential to reduce friction, minimize wear, and prevent premature degradation. Choose lubricants that are compatible with the plastic material and the operating conditions. Ensure adequate lubrication by following manufacturer recommendations and implementing proper lubrication techniques such as oil bath, grease, or dry lubrication.
4. Operating Conditions: Consider the operating conditions and make adjustments to prevent premature wear and degradation. Control operating temperatures within the recommended range for the plastic material to avoid thermal degradation. Avoid excessive speeds or loads that can lead to increased friction and wear. Minimize exposure to harsh chemicals, UV radiation, or abrasive particles that can degrade the plastic material.
5. Maintenance: Implement regular maintenance practices to prevent premature wear and degradation. Conduct periodic inspections to identify signs of wear or damage. Replace worn or damaged gears promptly to prevent further degradation. Follow recommended maintenance schedules for lubrication, cleaning, and any other specific requirements for the plastic gears.
6. Proper Installation: Ensure that plastic gears are installed correctly to minimize wear and degradation. Follow manufacturer guidelines and recommendations for installation procedures, such as proper alignment, torque values, and fastening techniques. Improper installation can lead to misalignment, increased stress concentrations, and accelerated wear.
7. Optimized Load Distribution: Design the gear system to ensure even load distribution across the gear teeth. Consider factors such as tooth profile, tooth width, and the number of teeth to optimize load sharing. Uneven load distribution can lead to localized wear and premature degradation of specific gear teeth.
8. Environmental Protection: Protect plastic gears from harsh environmental conditions that can accelerate wear and degradation. Implement measures such as sealing mechanisms, coatings, or encapsulation to shield the gears from exposure to chemicals, moisture, UV radiation, or abrasive particles.
9. Quality Manufacturing: Ensure high-quality manufacturing processes to minimize defects and inconsistencies that can compromise the durability of plastic gears. Use reputable suppliers and manufacturers that adhere to strict quality control measures. Conduct thorough inspections and testing to verify the quality of the gears before installation.
By considering these preventive measures, such as material selection, gear design, lubrication, operating conditions, maintenance, proper installation, load distribution optimization, environmental protection, and quality manufacturing, it’s possible to minimize premature wear and degradation in plastic gears, ensuring their longevity and performance.
Can plastic gears replace metal gears in certain applications?
Yes, plastic gears can replace metal gears in certain applications. Here’s a detailed explanation:
Plastic gears offer a range of advantages that make them suitable alternatives to metal gears in specific scenarios. Some of the factors that determine whether plastic gears can replace metal gears include the application requirements, operating conditions, load capacity, and desired performance characteristics.
Advantages of Plastic Gears:
- Lightweight: Plastic gears are significantly lighter than metal gears, making them suitable for applications where weight reduction is important. This can lead to energy efficiency, reduced inertia, and lower wear on supporting components.
- Low Noise and Vibration: Plastic gears have inherent damping properties that help reduce noise and vibration levels during operation. This makes them suitable for applications where noise reduction is desired, such as in consumer electronics or office equipment.
- Corrosion Resistance: Certain plastic materials used in gear manufacturing exhibit excellent resistance to corrosion and chemicals. Plastic gears can be a suitable choice for applications in corrosive environments where metal gears may suffer from degradation.
- Self-Lubrication: Some plastic materials used for gear manufacturing have self-lubricating properties. This reduces friction and wear between gear teeth, eliminating the need for external lubrication and simplifying maintenance requirements.
- Cost-Effective: Plastic gears can be more cost-effective compared to metal gears, especially in large-scale production. Plastic materials are often less expensive than metals, and the manufacturing processes for plastic gears can be more efficient.
- Design Flexibility: Plastic gears offer greater design flexibility compared to metal gears. They can be molded into complex shapes, allowing for custom gear profiles and tooth geometries, resulting in optimized performance and efficiency for specific applications.
Limitations of Plastic Gears:
- High Torque and Load Capacity: Plastic gears may not have the same torque and load capacity as metal gears. In applications requiring high torque or heavy loads, metal gears may be more suitable due to their higher strength and durability.
- High Temperatures: Plastic gears have temperature limitations depending on the chosen material. In applications with high operating temperatures, metal gears that can withstand the heat may be necessary.
- Precision and Positioning: Plastic gears may not offer the same level of precision and positioning accuracy as metal gears. Applications that require tight tolerances and precise gear meshing may still require metal gears.
In summary, plastic gears can replace metal gears in certain applications where their advantages align with the specific requirements and operating conditions. It’s crucial to carefully evaluate the application needs, load capacity, temperature range, and other factors to determine if plastic gears are suitable replacements for metal gears.
editor by CX 2023-09-13