Our Gear, Pinion Shaft, Ring Gear Capabilities:
|Capabilities of Gears/ Splines
|Internal Gears and Internal Splines
|External Gears and External Splines
|Max Face Width(mm)
|DIN Class Level
|DIN Class 8
|DIN Class 4
|DIN Class 8
|DIN Class 4
|Max Helix Angle
Our Main Products
1. Spur Gear
2. Planetary Gear
3. Metal Gears
4. Gear Wheel
5. Ring Gear
6. Gear Shaft
7. Helical Gear
8. Pinion Gear
9. Spline Shaft
1. 21 years experience in high quality gear, gear shaft’s production, sales and R&D.
2. Our Gear, Gear Shaft are certificated by ISO9001: 2008 and ISO14001: 2004.
3. CHINAMFG has more than 50 patents in high quality Gear, Gear Shaft manufacturing.
4. CHINAMFG products are exported to America, Europe.
5. Experience in cooperate with many Fortune 500 Companies
1) In-house capability: OEM service as per customers’ requests, with in-house tooling design & fabricating
2) Professional engineering capability: On product design, optimization and performance analysis
3) Manufacturing capability range: DIN 3960 class 8 to 4, ISO 1328 class 8 to 4, AGMA 2000 class 10-15, JIS 1702-1703 class 0 to 2, etc.
4) Packing: Tailor-made packaging method according to customer’s requirement
5) Just-in-time delivery capability
1. Q: Can you make as per custom drawing?
A: Yes, we can do that.
2. Q: If I don’t have drawing, what can you do for me?
A: If you don’t have drawing, but have the sample part, you may send us. We will check if we can make it or not.
3. Q: How do you make sure the quality of your products?
A: We will do a series of inspections, such as:
A. Raw material inspection (includes chemical and physical mechanical characters inspection),
B. Machining process dimensional inspection (includes: 1st pc inspection, self inspection, final inspection),
C. Heat treatment result inspection,
D. Gear tooth inspection (to know the achieved gear quality level),
E. Magnetic particle inspection (to know if there’s any cracks in the gear).
We will provide you the reports 1 set for each batch/ shipment.
Estimated freight per unit.
|To be negotiated
|Soft Tooth Surface
How do ring gears contribute to power transmission?
Ring gears play a significant role in power transmission within mechanical systems. Here’s a detailed explanation of how ring gears contribute to power transmission:
- Torque Transfer: Ring gears are designed with teeth on their outer or inner circumference, depending on whether they are external or internal ring gears. These teeth mesh with the teeth of other gears, such as pinion gears or planetary gears. As the driving gear rotates, the meshing teeth engage with the ring gear’s teeth, transmitting torque from the driving gear to the ring gear. This torque transfer enables the ring gear to rotate and transmit power to other components or systems connected to it.
- Rotational Motion: Ring gears convert the rotational motion of the driving gear into rotational motion of the ring gear itself. The teeth on the ring gear provide a positive engagement with the teeth of the driving gear, ensuring a synchronized rotation. As the driving gear rotates, the meshing teeth push against the ring gear’s teeth, causing it to rotate in the same direction and at a proportional speed determined by the gear ratio. This rotational motion is crucial for transmitting power to different parts of the system or driving various mechanisms and components.
- Speed Reduction or Increase: Ring gears, in conjunction with other gears in the system, can be used to achieve speed reduction or increase. By varying the sizes of the driving gear, the ring gear, and other intermediate gears, different gear ratios can be achieved. When the driving gear is smaller than the ring gear, the ring gear rotates at a slower speed than the driving gear, resulting in speed reduction. Conversely, if the driving gear is larger, the ring gear rotates at a faster speed, leading to speed increase. This ability to control gear ratios allows for power transmission at desired speeds and enables systems to meet specific operational requirements.
- Load Distribution: Ring gears distribute the transmitted loads across their circumference. The teeth of the ring gear engage with multiple teeth of other gears, ensuring that the load is shared among these meshing points. This load distribution helps prevent localized stress concentrations and excessive wear on specific gear teeth. By distributing the load, ring gears contribute to the overall durability and longevity of the gear system, allowing for reliable power transmission even under demanding conditions.
- Compact and Efficient Design: Ring gears offer a compact and efficient design for power transmission. Their annular shape allows for a high gear ratio within a small space, making them ideal for applications where space is limited. Additionally, ring gears can be integrated into various gear configurations, such as planetary gear systems or gearboxes, which further enhance their power transmission capabilities. This compact and efficient design contributes to overall system efficiency and performance.
Overall, ring gears are essential components in power transmission systems. Through torque transfer, rotational motion, speed control, load distribution, and their compact design, ring gears enable efficient and reliable power transmission in a wide range of mechanical applications.
How do you maintain and service a ring gear system?
Maintaining and servicing a ring gear system is crucial to ensure its optimal performance, reliability, and longevity. Here’s a detailed explanation of the maintenance and service procedures for a ring gear system:
- Regular Inspections: Conduct regular inspections of the ring gear system to detect any signs of wear, damage, misalignment, or abnormal conditions. Inspect the gear teeth for chips, cracks, or excessive wear. Check for proper gear engagement and backlash. Inspect the mounting bolts or fasteners for tightness. Regular inspections help identify potential issues early on and prevent further damage or failures.
- Cleaning and Lubrication: Clean the ring gear system periodically to remove dirt, debris, and old lubricant. Use appropriate cleaning methods and solvents that are compatible with the gear system materials. After cleaning, apply fresh lubricant according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. Ensure proper lubrication coverage and distribution to minimize friction, wear, and heat generation.
- Lubricant Analysis: Periodically analyze the condition of the lubricant in the ring gear system to assess its effectiveness and detect any contamination or degradation. Lubricant analysis involves collecting samples and sending them to a laboratory for testing. The analysis results can provide valuable information about the lubricant’s viscosity, contamination levels, and overall condition. Based on the analysis, determine whether lubricant replacement or additional maintenance actions are necessary.
- Bearing and Seal Inspection: If the ring gear system includes bearings or seals, inspect them regularly for wear, damage, or leaks. Check for excessive play, noise, or overheating in the bearings. Inspect the seals for proper sealing and lubricant retention. Replace any worn-out bearings or damaged seals to prevent further damage to the ring gear system.
- Torque Checks: Periodically check the torque of the mounting bolts or fasteners that secure the ring gear system. Over time, vibrations and operational stresses can cause bolts to loosen. Ensure that the bolts are tightened to the manufacturer’s recommended torque specifications. Perform torque checks during scheduled maintenance intervals or when any signs of loosening are observed.
- Alignment and Gear Meshing: Check and adjust the alignment of the ring gear system if necessary. Misalignment can lead to uneven wear, increased load on the gear teeth, and reduced performance. Ensure proper gear meshing and backlash according to the manufacturer’s specifications. Adjust the gear positioning or contact pattern if deemed necessary during inspections or maintenance activities.
- Repair or Replacement: If any significant damage, wear, or malfunction is identified during inspections or maintenance activities, plan for repair or replacement of the affected components. Depending on the severity and nature of the issue, repairs may involve repairing gear teeth, replacing damaged parts, or realigning the gear system. If extensive damage is present or the gear system has reached the end of its service life, consider replacing the entire ring gear system.
- Documentation and Record-Keeping: Maintain detailed documentation and records of all maintenance and service activities performed on the ring gear system. Keep track of inspection results, lubrication schedules, repairs, parts replacements, and any other relevant information. These records help establish a maintenance history, track performance trends, and provide valuable reference information for future maintenance and troubleshooting.
It’s important to note that the specific maintenance and service procedures may vary depending on the type of ring gear system, its application, and the manufacturer’s guidelines. Always refer to the manufacturer’s recommendations and consult with experts or professionals when necessary to ensure proper maintenance and servicing of the ring gear system.
What are the applications of ring gears?
Ring gears, also known as annular gears or internal gears, have a wide range of applications across various industries and mechanical systems. Here’s a detailed explanation of the applications of ring gears:
Ring gears are commonly used in numerous applications where rotational motion, torque transmission, and load distribution are essential. The unique design and characteristics of ring gears make them suitable for a variety of mechanical systems. Here are some common applications of ring gears:
- Automotive Transmissions: Ring gears are extensively used in automotive transmissions, particularly in automatic and manual transmissions. They are part of the gear train that transfers rotational motion and torque from the engine to the wheels. Ring gears in automotive applications are typically large in size and designed to handle high torque loads.
- Differential Systems: Ring gears play a crucial role in differential systems found in vehicles. The differential assembly allows the wheels on an axle to rotate at different speeds while distributing torque evenly. Ring gears form an integral part of the differential assembly, enabling torque transfer and speed differentiation between the drive wheels.
- Planetary Gear Systems: Ring gears are a fundamental component in planetary gear systems, which are widely used in various applications. Planetary gear systems consist of a central sun gear, planet gears, and a ring gear. The ring gear serves as the outer ring that meshes with the planet gears and the sun gear. Planetary gear systems offer high gear ratios, compactness, and versatility, making them suitable for applications such as automotive transmissions, industrial machinery, and aerospace systems.
- Industrial Machinery: Ring gears find extensive use in industrial machinery for power transmission, motion control, and speed regulation. They are employed in equipment such as gearboxes, speed reducers, hoists, conveyors, and rotary tables. Ring gears enable efficient torque transmission, precise motion control, and load distribution in these industrial applications.
- Robotics and Automation: Ring gears are utilized in robotics and automation systems for precise motion control and synchronization. They can be found in robotic arms, automated assembly lines, CNC machines, and other robotic applications where accurate positioning and precise motion are critical. Ring gears provide the necessary torque transmission and gear reduction required for precise robotic movements.
- Power Generation: Ring gears are used in power generation equipment, such as wind turbines and hydroelectric generators. They form part of the gearboxes that convert the rotational motion of the turbine or generator rotor into electrical energy. Ring gears in power generation applications need to handle high torque loads, operate reliably, and provide efficient power transmission.
- Heavy Machinery and Construction Equipment: Ring gears are employed in heavy machinery and construction equipment, including excavators, cranes, mining equipment, and agricultural machinery. They facilitate the transmission of power and torque for various functions, such as lifting, digging, and material handling. Ring gears in these applications are designed to withstand high loads, rugged environments, and demanding operating conditions.
These are just a few examples of the applications of ring gears. Their versatility, load-carrying capacity, compact design, and ability to achieve high gear ratios make them suitable for a wide range of mechanical systems across industries.
The specific design, size, and material selection of ring gears may vary depending on the application requirements, operating conditions, and performance specifications.
editor by CX 2023-09-14